this is a super simple recipe but the flavors combine beautifully and continue to develop as you let it sit.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cups tahini
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 squeeze lemon (optional)
- roast eggplant directly over a grill or open burner (careful in fire alarm sensitive areas), until skin is completely blackened and blistering
- remove from fire are let cool a bit then put it in a plastic bag
- when it has cooled down enough (20ish minutes) peel off the skin. alternatively, cut the eggplant in half and scoop the insides out with a spoon
- in a large mixing bowl, mash the eggplant and add tahini, mustard, capers and lemon juice
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.