for the caramelized figs:
- 7 figs
- 1 pat butter
- 2 tsp honey
- splash balsamic
- cut tops off figs and cut them into 1/4 inch pieces (or somewhere around there)
- in a small sauce pan over medium temp melt butter then add figs, honey and balsamic
- stir occasionally and gently, taking care not to break down the figs
- when figs have absorbed the honey and balsamic and are are looking glazed, remove from heat
for the ricotta:
- 4 cups goat milk
- 3/4 kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp distilled white vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 sprigs thyme (optional)
- bring milk and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice or vinegar; stir gently until mixture starts to curdle. let stand 5 minutes.
- pour mixture into a fine-mesh sieve lined with 2 layers of cheesecloth set over a medium bowl. chill until cheese is spreadable, at least 20 minutes and up to 12 hours (the longer it strains, the thicker it will be).
- mix thyme in later if desired
Original recipe: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/fresh-ricotta*you can also make ricotta with plain old cows milk and it’s delicious
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.