Do you ever crave a BLT but don’t want the bread? Yeah, me neither but I’m trying to do this low carb thing and really wanted a BLT before super ripe summer tomatoes are a thing of the past so we decided to do BLT wraps and they were pretty good.
- 1 tbsp black truffle oil- you can also use plain old olive oil
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 large heirloom tomato
- a couple handfuls lettuce
- 1/2 enoki mushroom
- splash white wine
- 2 oz truffle goat cheese- you can also use plain old goat cheese
- 2 medium sized tortilla or wrap
- in a large sauté pan heat 1 tbsp black truffle olive oil over medium heat
- cut bacon in 1/4 inch pieces and add to the pan, stirring occasionally
- cut mushrooms into roughly same size and add to the pan, turn heat to low and continue cooking
- meanwhile slice tomato and avocado
- toast tortilla over burner (optional, but you definitely should), then spread avocado and goat cheese on the tortilla/wrap and fill with lettuce, tomatoes
- remove the mushroom/bacon concoction from the pan once it’s done, let cool a bit and add to the wrap and you’ve got a BLT-rrito!
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.