My uncle went on a fishing trip last summer and now he’s trying to get rid of all his fish. I guess he’s had enough. But we’re not complaining, my mom saw him a couple of days ago and he gave us some halibut, black cod AND salmon. Very exciting. We decided to go with halibut tonight but wanted to do something special with it so we gave it the fancy treatment that we usually do with scallops.
- 1 lb halibut
- 1/4 capers
- 1 pat butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 meyer lemon
- parsley (as garnish)
- splash of white wine
- pre-heat oven to 400º F
- in an oven-safe skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil, then add capers to fry up a bit
- push the capers to the side of the pan and place the halibut in the pan over medium low heat, cook for 3 minutes before flipping
- pour a splash of white wine in the pan and cover with lid
- remove lid and squeeze juice of 1/2 of meyer lemon into the pan
- then move to the oven and bake for 7 minutes (w/ lid on)
- then squeeze the rest of the lemon juice in, plate w/ butter and capers on top and garnish with parsley and enjoy with a nice white wine
© 2017, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.