My mom got me these sardines as a little treat. Because those are the kinds of gifts we give each other 🙂 . So I made this niçoise inspired salad. It’s not really a niçoise because it doesn’t have olives, green beans or tuna but I replaced those with capers, cornichons, beets and sardines.
- 2 handfuls of greens
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 4 cornichons
- spoonful of capers
- 3 sardines packed in olive oil (we love matiz)
- 4 small tomatoes
- a couple of slices of leftover beet terrine (or just roasted beets and goat cheese)
- soft boil the egg (or a couple to have on hand); my theory is to boil a small pot of water then turn it down to a simmer, add the eggs gently and cook for 7 minutes then remove w/ a slotted spoon and put in an ice bath for a few minutes
- in a bowl put washed greens, sardines, sliced beet terrine (or simply slices of beets and crumbles of goat cheese)
- top with capers, cornichons and tomatoes and dig in!
© 2017, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.