I love hash browns as much as the next person but I also don’t always want to stuff myself full of fried potatoes. So I came up with this baked sweet potato version. It’s simple, flavorful, healthy and goes great with all kinds of foods. I’m thinking of doing something Indian-inspired with them next.
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- drizzle olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (jalapeno salt if you have it)
- pre-heat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet (maybe 2 depending on how big your sweet potatoes are)
- grate sweet potatoes on the large setting of a box cheese grater
- put the shreds in a big bowl and drizzle olive oil over, mix in all the spices with your hands then spread on baking sheet (s)
- bake for 40 minutes, remove from oven and turn with fork and flip around the sheets if your oven cooks kind of unevenly like mine.
- continue cooking for about 30 more minutes stirring with a fork occasionally, until starting to crisp and get brown
- serve with mashed black beans, a soft boiled egg, avocado, baked tempeh and lime wedge (pictured here) -these keep well in the fridge
© 2017, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.