It’s been sooo hot (or at least soo hot for us coastal San Diegans) so I’ve been trying to come up with sneaky ways to avoid turning on the oven at all and still having protein/veggie rich meals. I love love love smoked fish but it can sometimes be pricy. This peppered rainbow trout from Trader Joe’s is the bomb and is also only $4 for a pack that has 4 servings. Thanks Trader Joe’s! Another shoutout to my dad’s friend, Tom, for supplying us with a steady source of avocados from his tree!
- 2 servings of peppered rainbow trout or your favorite kind of smoked/cured fish
- 2 eggs
- 2 handfuls lettuce
- 1 cup bulgur (uncooked)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small/medium avocado
- 5 slices cucumber
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 splash red wine vin
- olive oil
- soft boil eggs
- cook bulgur according to package instructions
- drain garbanzos and rinse, then move to a medium sized bowl and stir in dijon, red wine vin and salt and pepper to taste
- halve and slice tomato and avocado, slice cucumbers
- assemble bowls: a handful lettuce each, a spoonful of bulgur and garbanzos in each, distribute avo, tomato and cucumber evenly
- peel eggs and place in each bowl and lastly don’t forget the fish!
- dress with olive oil and more red wine vinegar
© 2018, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.