I love making smoothie bowls for breakfast because they’re so versatile and tasty! They also pack a ton of nutrients and don’t make me feel heavy or gross throughout the first half of my day. I always use Vega Vegan Protein Powder as a base. I’ve tried whey based ones and my stomach does not agree with them and they are usually way too sweet. Vega also has antioxidants and greens and no artificial additives or sweeteners, so basically it’s the best! I get the vanilla one at Costco and it’s super high quality and not too expensive. I usually use matcha and frozen bananas as well but from there the recipe varies day to day! It’s always nice to add a seed or nut on top to make them crunchy and the ginger is a nice touch.
- 1 scoop Vega Vanilla Protein Powder (I usually don’t fill it up all the way because the scoops are HUUUGE)
- 1/4 tsp matcha powder (heaping)
- 1/4 tsp ground dried ginger
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 handful frozen spinach
- drizzle almond butter
- 1/4 tsp crushed hemp seeds (or chia or flax)
- fresh fruit (whatever you have, I used raspberries, blueberries, passionfruit and melon)
- blend first 5 ingredients, you may need to add a little water if it’s too dry, you can add ice or more frozen banana to thicken it up if it gets too runny
- pour into a bowl, top with last three ingredients
© 2018, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.