This is one of my favorite breakfasts and fairly fast and easy. Lots of protein, good fats and verrry tasty. At this time of year when avocados are plentiful, it’s especially appealing.
- 1/2 of an avocado (preferably a large one)
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig basil
- 2 tsp feta cheese
- cut avocado in half, using the half without the seed, hollow out hole to fit an egg (depends on size of avocado and pit)
- fill with egg and sprinkle salt, pepper and whatever spices you feel like on top
- bake at 350° F for 15 minutes
- remove and add feta then return to oven and put under broil for 10 more minutes or until egg turns white and looks set (cooked to your liking)
- serve with basil, great with a good piece of bread or roasted potatoes (pictured)
© 2014, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.