When my mom got a vitamix we went into a crazed vitamixin’ phase. One sunday when my dad was making breakfast we realized we’d finished the peanut butter. After breakfast he likes to have some peanut butter. Not one to just spoon it out of the jar, he artfully modifies his spoonfuls with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, sometimes some nuts or seeds. Anyways I decided I would whip up (or grind up) some peanut butter in the new handy contraption. The peanut butter was great but it only lasts up to a week and I guess I got a bit overzealous because I made a bit more than we really needed. So, towards the end of the week I solved that problem and turned the leftover peanut butter into these no-bake dessert/energy snacks.
Peanut Butter: (I used my vitamix but it would probably work in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- a splash H2O
- dash vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- blend peanuts w/ a little water until it turns into a paste. eat peanut butter
- peanut butter (you can use store bought if you don’t have home-ground)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- a few more dashes on cinnamon
- a dash of salt
- spread sesame seeds on a mini baking sheet and toast them for a couple of minutes. not long.
- mix the cinnamon with the hot seeds (to bring out the aroma)
- add salt to the mix
- roll peanut butter into balls then roll in the mixture
- keep in fridge
© 2014 – 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.