One of the greatest things about SLO is the farmers’ market. And one of the best things at the farmers market is apricot jalapeno jam. As if we weren’t titillated enough, once we took it home and tried it with goat cheese, we were addicted. We started going through a jar, a week. I’d been wanting to try a cauliflower pizza crust and we had a giant cauliflower sitting around in the fridge looking for a purpose. Then, last week on our first farmers market outing, we were reunited with the prized jam, then on our first Costco outing we stocked up on goat cheese (obviously). This pizza was the result.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup apricot-jalapeno jam (you can sub another kind of jam i suppose)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- pepper and salt
- cut cauliflower into smaller pieces, then blend in food processor into a rice-like consistency
- spread on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes
- let cool for a bit then move cauliflower into cheese cloth or a thin dish cloth
- squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible, it should be about 1 cup
- then add the eggs, chopped rosemary, pepper and salt and mix with hands
- spread on the baking sheet again and bake for 20 more minutes until starting to turn brown
- spread jam over (leaving a 2 cm border around the edges) and sprinkle goat cheese as evenly as possible on top
© 2014, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.