It’s been so gorgeous out lately. Not that it’s rare to have perfect weather here, it’s sunny 287 days out of the year, but the crisp fall air makes the sky extra blue and the light insanely bright. At the beginning of the year my roommate and I found an old couch in our garage and dragged it onto our patio but we’re only just realizing its coffee-and-breakfast-nook potential.
I love lazy weekend mornings when I can take my sweet time puttering around in the kitchen, making coffee and brunch. Today I found some asparagus and leftover spaghetti squash in the fridge that needed to be eaten and decided they would make a good Asian-inspired egg concoction with mushrooms.
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 crimini mushrooms
- 8 asparagus stalks
- 1/4 yellow onion
- a few generous squirts sriracha
- splash soy sauce
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup cooked/shredded spaghetti squash
- heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium low heat, dice onion and add to the skillet
- quarter the mushrooms, slice asparagus and tomato, add them all to the pan along with the spaghetti squash
- add sriracha and soy sauce to your taste and turn up heat a little bit
- let cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- crack egg into the mix and continue cooking until egg is cooked, continue stirring occasionally, working the egg into the mix
- great with Pickled Daikon Radish
© 2015, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.