This tastes like some serious comfort food but it’s really actually quite healthy.
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pats butter
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola
- 1 shallot
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- pre-heat the oven to 350°F and start heating butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- slice squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the insides and slice one side into half moons
- lay the slices on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle them with cinnamon and pepper
- drizzle remaining olive oil over the seasoned squash slices and bake them for 20 minutes or until soft, then flip them over
- in the meantime slice shallots thinly and add them to the sauce pan once the butter has melted
- keep them over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until they start to turn golden brown
- remove squash slices from oven and layer them with the caramelized shallots, then bits of gorgonzola and lastly the walnut pieces and dried cranberries
- put under broiler for 7-10 minutes (depends on your oven), keeping a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn
© 2015, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.