This is a super simple, pretty healthy and wholly satisfying meal. Also very affordable. These were all just things I happened to pick up at Trader Joe’s the other day.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- red chili flakes
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 generous handfuls of spinach
- heat olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium high heat add (minced) garlic and tomatoes and cover
- cook pasta according to instructions
- once tomatoes start to blister, pop them with a knife or fork and add goat cheese
- once goat cheese starts melting, mix it with the tomato juices and add rosemary (remove from stem), bring down heat and let simmer
- when pasta is finished, drain and quickly steam spinach in the pasta pot with a couple teaspoons of water
- remove spinach with tongs, shaking off excess liquid, and add it into the goat cheese sauce pan and take that off the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste
- pour sauce over pasta, sprinkle with chili flakes, pour yourself a glass of wine and dig in!
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.