We have tons of super-ripe tomatoes and can’t stop buying stone fruit at the farmer’s market so we started playing around with this salad idea. We’ve made it at least five times this summer and it’s seriously the perfect combination of summer flavors, in my honest opinion.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 firm but ripe nectarines (mix of yellow and white)
- 6 sprigs basil
- 1/2 cup sheep’s milk feta
- 1 splash good quality olive oil
- 1 dash balsamic
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- a bed of arugula
- on a large plate lay a bed of arugula
- with your sharpest knife, slice tomatoes and nectarines
- arrange them on top of the arugula and crumble feta over the top of that
- then julienne the basil and arrange that
- then (right before you’re about to serve, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic and grind pepper over
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.