This was another cold salad born out of necessity during this weekend’s heat wave. Chick pea is “pois chiche” in French, I think it’s one of my favorite French words, next to champignon (mushroom) and pamplemousse (grapefruit). My friend asked me what my favorite French words were, while studying abroad, and when I told him this list, he was like “of course they’re all foods!” I hadn’t even noticed.
- 1 can garbanzos/chick peas
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (maybe more depending on the consistency of your tahini)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 roasted carrots
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 lemon
- drain garbanzos
- chop spinach, bell pepper and carrots
- add garbanzos and veggies to a medium size bowl and stir in curry powder, tahini and red wine vinegar
- squeeze lemon juice into bowl, depending on how thick your tahini is (they vary brand to brand), you may need to add more red wine vinegar if it’s too globby (yes it’s a word, I read it in my Biopshychology book today, describing the cervical cortex)
© 2014, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.