Not blondies, not brownies but GREENIES! I love love love matcha and I have a bunch right now so I’ve been trying to come up with some healthy-ish desserts to use it. I found a recipe for some super healthy matcha blondies but they had all these ingredients that I didn’t have/ didn’t want to buy so I substituted and simplified and cut out a lot of sweetener. Matcha isn’t sweet at all, actually it’s kind of grassy but I like to taste that flavor and not overpower it with excess sugar.
These came out a bit crumbly but very tasty and they’re healthy!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp matcha
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp stevia
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut milk -or just regular coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container apple sauce (about 3/4 cup)
- pre-heat oven to 350º F and line a 9″ 9″ baking pan (you can use smaller if you want them to be thicker, you could also do it in muffin tins just adjust the cooking time)
- in a large bowl mix together almond meal, coconut flour, matcha, baking powder, salt and stevia
- in another bowl, stir together coconut milk, melted coconut butter, melted coconut oil, the vanilla extract and the apple sauce to your best ability
- then pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and incorporate thoroughly
- then spread it into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean and the edges are starting to brown and you’ve got some greenies!
© 2017, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.