Yeah, I’m in the fermenters club. I’m not actually but I think I’d like to be. This was just a jar they gave us at the 2016 SD Fermentation Festival but that’s a whole other story. Anyways I love pickling things and it’s so easy! I threw these together yesterday to go with salmon tacos and they turned out great.
- 3 small cucumbers
- 1 medium sized white onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 5 sprigs fresh dill
- slice cucumbers lengthwise into long thin strips and slice onion
- in a large jar or other glass container combine all pickling ingredients (except for the cucumbers and onions)
- when this vinegary mixture is all combined, add the cucumbers and onions and let sit for an hour or so
- these will keep in the fridge for at least a week
© 2016, domenicadreamsofcalamari. All rights reserved.